This qualification aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to perform a limited range of tasks related to inspecting and performing minor repairs on mechanical and electrical components needed for light and heavy vehicles, and/or motorcycles within the automotive industry.
- Trades assistant
- Vehicle or Automotive service assistant
- Trainee service person / Automotive trainee
FURTHER YOUR SKILLS
Certificate III or IV in:
- Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Motorcycle Mechanical Technology
- Automotive Body Repair Technology
AUTOMOTIVE – SPECIALISATION
Many of our courses offer students the opportunity for deeper study into Year 12, students are able to specialise in various subjects and improve their employability through receiving higher level qualifications.
Students who are completing a school-based traineeship in Automotive complete an additional 120 hour course (Automotive Service Technology) at St Yon Trade Training Centre.
Other specialisations currently offered by the college also include:
- Entertainment Industry
- Hospitality (Catering Operations)