This course provides students in Years 9 and 10 practical experience in automotive retail, service and repair. It offers entry-level training for those seeking to work in any aspect of the automotive industry.
Sample training units for this course:
- Automotive electrical systems and components
- Automotive mechanical systems and components
- Use and maintenance of tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
This is a 100 hour course and runs for one year. Students who complete a Stage 5 course in Year 9 will have the choice in Year 10 to complete:
- an additional Stage 5 course OR
- commence a Stage 6 Cert II course in Year 10