This course provides students in Years 9 and 10 training in a basic construction project that integrates work health and safety practices and working and using tools and materials in the building industry.
Sample training units for this course:
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Conduct workplace communication
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
This is a 100 hour course and runs for one year. Students who complete a Stage 5 course in Year 9 will have the choice in Year 10 to complete:
- an additional Stage 5 course OR
- commence a Stage 6 Cert II course in Year 10