This qualification provides you with the basic skills to work effectively in a range of education settings, including schools and community education, who provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad-based supervision.
School learning support officers, under the supervision and direction of a teacher, assist in classroom activities, school routines and the care and management of students with special needs.
Some sample units of competencies for this course may include:
- Identify student development opportunities
- Respond to behaviour and specific needs
- Apply curriculum
- Record and assess student progress
- General School Learning Support Officer
- School Learning Support Officer (Preschool)
- School Learning Support Officer (Braille Transcriber)
- School Learning Support Officer (Sign Interpreter)
- School Learning Support Officer (Ethnic)
FURTHER YOUR SKILLS
- Certificate IV Education Support
- Bachelor of Education – Primary
- Bachelor of Education – Secondary