Each year Southern Cross run a number of Try A Trade days in Terms 2 and 3 for students who are interested in learning more about the range of Vocational Education and Training (VET) Courses available at the college.
In total, 20 days spread over the year will be offered to students in secondary schools. The courses will be open to students in Years 8, 9 and 10 and preference will be given to applicants from Year 10.
The number of days which students can attend is limited to the number of spaces available and are subject to both parent/carer and school approval. Students are requested to apply for only one or two days so as many students as possible receive these opportunities.
If you are interested in attending one of the programs, please complete the Permission Note and return this to your home school for approval. Then you will need to register online Try a Trade Days 2021.
Courses covered in the program are spread over 4 school weeks:
Term 2 Week 3 (Commencing 3 May):
- Monday: Construction, Health (Acute Care):
- Tuesday: Business Services, Early Childhood Education
- Wednesday: Furniture, Hairdressing
- Thursday: Beauty, Hospitality
Term 2 Week 8 (Commencing 7 June):
- Monday: Automotive, Information & Digital Technology
- Tuesday: Entertainment, Real Estate
- Wednesday: Hospitality, Community Dance, Theatre & Events
- Thursday: Business Services, Events
Term 3 Week 4 (Commencing 2 August):
- Monday: Construction, Retail
- Tuesday: Baking, Screen & Media
- Thursday: Allied Health, Education Support
Term 3 Week 9 ( Commencing 6 September):
- Monday: Music Industry
- Tuesday: Allied Health
- Wednesday: Beauty
- Thursday: Construction
Also please note these further details regarding the requirements for the Trade day click here