This course provides students in Years 9 and 10 skills training required to work in various hospitality settings, including restaurants, catering operations, clubs, and cafes.
Some sample units of competencies for this course may include:
- Prepare and package food products
- Provision of customer information and assistance
- Hygienic food safety practices
This is a 100 hour course and runs for one year. Students who complete a Stage 5 course in Year 9 will have the choice in Year 10 to complete:
- an additional Stage 5 course OR
- commence a Stage 6 Cert II course in Year 10